Monday, November 2, 2009

Happily Taken!

Wow.... God is so amazing! I can't openly talk about the certain situation I find myself in at this point, but I can say that it's really awesome to look back and realize that some specific encounters, experiences, and actions that took place are all coming together. At the time that I felt the Lord calling me to take action in one way or another, I had no idea it would lead up to this! But even in my blindness I put my faith in Him and I obeyed. I don't have the ability to see the future or to know whether this will end on a happy note or a sad one, but I am already at peace with knowing that I clearly heard His calling and obeyed. I believe in the power of God, I believe He can unharden hearts, I believe He can heal all wounds, and I believe He is in control of each and every one of our lives, whether we like it or not. I am so astounded by my Lord that I absolutely had to take time out from studying to write this blog. I wish that I could go into details, but for that I must wait on the Lord. All I ask is that everyone who reads this begins to pray for me, and for my family. I need patience, wisdom, discernment, strength, endurance, so on and so forth. Please, before reading any further, stop and say a prayer for me...

On a topic that is totally unrelated, it is obvious from my most recent posts that it's been pressing on my heart to share the truth with other single women about waiting on God for the right man. I've struggled with this from the time I was a young teenager to now. It still is a constant battle within my heart. Naturally, us women desire to be loved by a man and if we are christian, generally we long for that man to be a Godly one. None of this is wrong, it is how God designed us. But I would say that 9.999 out of 10 women have a tendency to take control of that desire rather than placing it in God's hands. We go searching for our "husband" rather than letting God bring Him to us. To be completely honest, I attend a church group that is full of young, attractive men. As I've grown to know most of them, I also see their hearts for God which makes them even more attractive. As typical women, I have engaged in conversation with some of the other females in our group regarding this very subject. I have never experienced a setting quite like this; where all of us females can agree that certain men are attractive, but we don't fight over them. We all understand each other, but for the most part we have peace that God will choose the right partner for us. Still, it is so important that we keep ourselves in check on a daily, hourly, minute-by-minute basis. Are our hearts in the right place? Do we go to church to seek men or to seek God? Are we dressing ourselves up to be beautiful in the presence of the Lord or in the presence of men? I would even go as far as to ask, are we quoting scripture, serving others, raising our hands in song and worship, etc. in order to attract our Heavenly Father or a Godly man? I say "we" because I fully admit to temptations of such sorts. I wouldn't be female if I didn't fall under that category. But then I am reminded, the Lord is the true love of my life. Just because I can't see Him as easily as I can see men doesn't mean He isn't present in my life. No man could love me, protect me, provide for me, secure me, or do anything as perfectly as my Knight in Shining Armor; Jesus Christ. Every moment that my eyes are looking towards God, I have the strength to tell all the women in this world, "You can have that guy, I am perfectly happy and content with God!" Jealousy, competition, and bitterness no longer control me. I am set in God's ways. I want so badly to share this feeling with my sisters! Whenever I notice *our* eyes wandering, I want to redirect them towards God. My heart desires to begin a ministry, some how, for women. I know that if it's God putting it on my heart He will open the doors for me.

I re-read my first journal entry in my book Lady In Waiting, and I want to share it with you:

"Day 1 - June 23, 2009 - 1:30am - Location: Blairsville, GA (I was on vacation with my family)

I have always had the desire to be submissive to a Godly man in a relationship and wondered why, when it seemed I was almost at that point with a man, I suddenly lost my desire to allow him to be the head of our relationship? But now I have been shown clearly how much I lacked that same desire for God in my life. Until I can learn to be submissive to God I will never have the right heart to fully trust a man, much less to find the right man. It is all in God's hands and I have not humbled myself unto Him as I should. I still attempt to control my own life and relationships... O Lord, I pray for your love to surround me as I seek you in my life, that I might not let go this time, but only grow stronger. Knock me to my knees and sweep me off my feet completely; carry me. Humble me in your sight, Lord, and allow others to see this positive change in me and to want it for them too."

Ladies, the temptation to "size up" men in our lives will probably always be there, but with God all things are possible to overcome. Seek the Lord, and ask Him for control over your feelings and emotions. Likewise, pray for a different perspective on the men in your life. Instead of viewing all of them as potential husbands, begin to look at them as what they truly are; a son of God, our brothers. When the time is right, God will change your heart for the ONE and ONLY right man.

Choose this path: "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."Psalm 37:4

Rather than this path: "...God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things [MAN] rather than the Creator [GOD]—who is forever praised. Amen."Romans 1:24-25

4 comments:

  1. Happily Taken! April, your perspective can be ministering to many young women without you even knowing it through this very blog. Keep following where He leads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an awesome heart. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, you continue to inspire me! I know and have lived what you write about, and now, I live totally different. I know that God has great things planned for me, and I have learned to be patient, knowing He will provide for me in His own time. Please continue writing and sharing as you are an inspiration to many of us! Thank you for being the Godly woman, mother, and friend that you have been called to be. You truly are a special person in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete